Thursday 20 August 2015

Word Bearers Boss-man

Every army needs a general, and Word bearers armies apparently need 2 compulsory HQ's, so here's the first of mine, the "obviously a bad guy, I don't know how we fooled the Ultramarines at all" Diabolgist.


 Long time followers of the blog might recognize him as the WIP World Eaters Praetor from awhile ago, just modified somewhat.

Apart from some minor alterations, the majority of the model stayed the same, I replaced the purity seals with the more WB parchments, added some skulls to the jetpack, which were supposed to be from his victims at Istvaan.

Oh and added horns, stops him wearing a helmet, but really drives home the fact he is an evil bastard, and the source of all the daemons I plan on painting for this force.


 The book has a subtle hint as to what god the planned Daemons will be from.

The broken symbol he's standing on is a cast I made of an old Buldog buckle company key chain, I think it makes a nice broken symbol of Calth, and is symbolic of the betrayal of the WB's in that theatre.


Initially I had tried to paint the legion numerals of the Salamanders, Ravenguard, and Iron hands, on the skulls, but they were just too long and detailed to fit onto such a small space convincingly.


Leading from the front . . . gets you killed now days in 40k/30k.


This final photo has been included because I think the colour is slightly more representative of the actual tone of the armour.

Thanks for looking.

10 comments:

  1. Looks great dude. I am seriously inspired by your work on these to start my own little kill team of word bearers. Just awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate, do it, the traitors could use the recruits, everyone seems to be playing the good guys.

      Delete
  2. Awesome work - axe looks a bit weird though? Great stuff, mate! :)

    Warburton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, the axe was rushed I'll admit, and the picture quality doesn't help. Also the blood effect seemed to go weird on me for it too, so I'll have to redo/repaint it later.

      Delete
  3. The way you did the scratches on the armor of these fellows is really unique. It really breaks up the surfaces and adds a lot of interest. Just loving it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg, I can't seem to paint clean armour for the HH setting, it just seems wrong to me, but I wanted something more unique then the sponging on the Sons.

      I hope to have more done as soon as Uni calms down and I'm on holidays.

      Delete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous work, man!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diabolist can't have jet pack... it's in his rules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He can unless they have changed the rules since I got them.

      He is unable to be equipped with a bike, jet bike or terminators armour though.

      Delete