Tuesday 2 June 2015

And now for something Infinitely different

See what I did there . .

The local games club has seen an explosion of interest in the game Infinity, with about half the guys there buying starters of one form or another, and the start of a small journeyman league. Since I'm trying to encourage the use of the club and the members coming in more, I decided to dig the Aleph starter I bought 4 years ago out for a lick of paint.

And then of course I ignored it and painted the coolest model first. So I present the TAG for Aleph, the Marut.

Small bit of yellow overspray on that left arm, bugger

I used alot of airbrushing to achieve the subtle purple blends across the body, the white on the high points didn't quite turn out as intense as I wanted it too, but I had to stop for fear of losing the gradients and not being able to highlight it with pure white.

The high heels are so Sci-fi

The shield didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it to either, the yellow over sprayed and coated the whole surface and I lost the gradient, so I guess Its made of the same material as the sword now . . or something.



The base is the same base colour as my Sons of Horus, but as it was drying I mixed in some white, yellow, grey and red, giving a sort of marbled finish. This was kind of lost under the application of some powders for texture and interest. The colour reminds me of a hospital, or maybe I've just watched too much Scrubs.


Finally the obligatory scale shot, as you can see for something that represents a tank in game, the Marut is pretty spindly. The actual infantry are tiny compared to 40k models, and even small compared to Boltaction, assembling them was an exercise in patience when it came to pinning.

After painting this model, and the base coats on the infantry I can safely say I need a new airbrush, any recommendations? Model, manufacturer and/or online store to buy them from would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for looking, and let me know what you think.

4 comments:

  1. S'a weird looking mini. I do like your very Aleph colour scheme - very nice. Perhaps glazes over the shield if want to distance it from the sword ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mate :)

      The idea of the shield being yellow has grown on me, I'm not as disappointed after sitting on the finished model for 3 days.

      Delete
  2. Now that is looking awesome sir, very nice to see you tackling some infinity stuff.

    Which Aleph starter did you get? the generic one or the steel phalanx one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bud, Yeah I've had the starter and a few other pieces for about 3-4 years sitting in a box, just been waiting for an excuse really.

      I have the original generic one, the steel phalanx didn't exist when I originally bought them. Though from all accounts I should definitely buy the other one down the track.

      Delete