Hello again. Welcome to another update of my rambling towards completing a Sons of Horus army, Today I present the completed Kheres pattern Mortis contemptor.
This guy came together quickly in the end, probably because I rushed him, and because I fell into the trap of over weathering him. I'm not unhappy with the results until I put the two completed dreads together and compare them, the first has a much more controlled application of chipping which I prefer the finish of.
Anyway, here's the pics:
More after the jump.
The finish is slightly darker on the armour too, which I'm not sure how it happened. I am happy with how the home made assault cannons fit with the stock FW body, and how the 3 pieces of hazard stirping turned out, and frame the face and Eye of Horus.
The brothers Grim:
Finally I have a pic of the IF marine about to be cockroached by Mr Mortis.
Again I think I may have over done the weathering slightly, but I am very happy with the yellow and the pose.
Unfortunately for the blog, and my painting, I will be taking a break. I'm leaving for a 10 day holiday to Bali on Saturday, followed by moving house. I have finished the Harpy for my nids, and will put pics of it up in the meantime, but there might be a slightly longer pause til the next completed Sons make an appearance.